- This event has passed.
NEWT NanoEnvironmental Engineering for Teachers (NEET) Spring 2021 Internship – Deadline to Register Nov.29
The application is now open and closes on November 29, 2020—agreement forms are due by this day. All applicants will receive an email update regarding their status by December 4, 2020. Register here: https://research.rice.edu/rstem/neet
Participants are required to attend regular Thursday evening classes and the final NEET Showcase.
Thursdays | January 14–April 22, 2021
ASU and UTEP class: 4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m. MT
Rice class: 6:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. CT
No classes the week of March 18, 2021
For completing all program requirements, participants will receive:
- A $600 stipend;
- A materials kit;
- 45 hours of sustained and supported professional development at Rice University, UTEP, or ASU in Engineering Design & Project-Based Learning (PBL);
- 6 hours of G/T professional development credit, subject to principal approval;
- 3 hours of graduate credit from Rice University (available upon special application plus a $150 registration fee);
- New strategies to engage high school students in water sustainability;
- Lectures from NEWT faculty on cutting-edge Nanotechnology-Enabled Water Treatment (NEWT) research; and
- Opportunities for student campus and lab tours.