- This event has passed.
NEWT NanoEnvironmental Engineering for Teachers (NEET) Spring 2023 Internship – Deadline to Register Nov.29
The purpose of the program is to increase the content knowledge of educators and to empower them in implementing rigorous project-based engineering activities on the topic of water sustainability in the classroom.
- Think reflectively and critically about current teaching practices.
- Improve secondary teachers’ understanding of advanced placement and state standards.
- Facilitate the transformation of teacher practice through the exploration of best practices in educational pedagogy.
- Disseminate NEWT research conducted at Rice University, Arizona State University, The University of Texas at El Paso and Yale University.
- Support NEET participants in the application of Problem-Based Learning and engineering practices.
The application is now open and closes on November 29, 2022 11:59pm CST —agreement forms are due by this day.
All applicants will receive an email update regarding their status.
Participants are required to attend regular Thursday evening classes and the final NEET Showcase.