NEWT Graduate and Postdoctoral Program
By becoming part of NEWT at ASU, Rice, UTEP or Yale, graduate students have the opportunity to significantly broaden their knowledge in the science behind nanotechnology-based water treatment and gain access to a wide number of benefits.
- Meet our Grad Students & Postdocs!
- NEWT Core Course
- NEWT Courses at ASU, Rice, UTEP and Yale
- Individual Development Plan
- Skills Matrix
- Student Resources
- Outreach Programs – On hold
NEWT also offers professional development activities such as workshops on topics such as effective mentoring and engineering leadership, preparation for academic, industrial, or public service careers, internships with industry partners, and entrepreneurship and innovation training experiences.
Also at the core of NEWT are our students and postdocs, ERCs are expected to “produce graduates who will be U.S. innovators in a globally competitive economy” and the goals of an ERC education program should be “to deliver graduates prepared for industry and academia who are technically prepared; able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to advance technology; knowledgeable in industrial practice; experienced in advancing technology; adept at working in high functional teams; ethical; effective communicators; creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial; lifelong learners; and experienced in working in non-U.S. research cultures.”
If you are a new student or postdoc at NEWT, sign up by clicking on the button below and contact the Student Leadership Council to learn more about the activities offered by the center.
Are you a current NEWT student?
Access these resources on the Member site.
- Onboarding Process
- Safety Training
- Student Leadership Council Positions
- Applying for jobs and career assistance
- Funding Opportunities for Underrepresented Students
- Student Bio Book – Resume List for Hiring Companies (Password Protected)
- Apply for a NEWT travel grant
- International Lab Opportunities – On hold
Discover other NEWT education programs
Have a question? Get in touch with Jorge Loyo.